Rent Oxygen will help you adjust to the higher altitude of Colorado’s amazing alpine resorts. While in the Rockies, you may notice slight headaches or even flu like symptoms. Rent Oxygen Now can help smooth your transition from home to altitude. Supplemental oxygen, used in the comfort of your room, will help you sleep better, recover faster and play harder. Make that great vacation even better and Rent Oxygen Now.
- Is oxygen safe for me?
- Is oxygen addictive?
- What towns do you deliver to?
- Will oxygen help me adjust to high altitude?
- What are common symptoms of Altitude Sickness?
- How many people are affected by altitude sickness in the mountains of Colorado?
- When should I use oxygen?
- Can I use Oxygen with my CPAP machine?
- When will I be billed for the oxygen?
- Will my insurance pay for the rental or purchase of this system?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What are your business hours?
- Should I reserve my oxygen machine?
- When will you deliver my oxygen machine?
- How do I know if the oxygen is working?
- What is a pulse oximeter?
- What does “POC” stand for?
- Can the patient take the POC on a commercial airline flight?
- Do I have to return the stationery oxygen concentrator to your store?
• Is oxygen safe for me?
Yes. Breathing oxygen at 2 LPM via nasal cannula when at 8000 feet is roughly the equivalent of being at sea level. Ultimately though to ensure your safety you should ask your doctor.
• Is oxygen addictive?
No. Using oxygen during your vacation will not create an addiction to oxygen.
• What towns do you deliver to?
We deliver from East Vail to Edwards – including Beaver Creek, Avon, Wildridge, Singletree, and Homestead. We can deliver to other area also such as to Pitkin County (Aspen and surrounding areas) and Summit County (Breckenridge/Keystone etc.). These areas will incur a delivery charge.
• Will oxygen help me adjust to high altitude?
Yes. At 8,000 feet, you are breathing roughly 30% less oxygen in every breath compared to sea level. By using oxygen you will sleep better, recover faster and play harder.
• What are common symptoms of Altitude Sickness?
Headaches, Nausea, Difficulty Sleeping, Vomiting, Loss of Appetite, Fatigue / Tiredness, Rapid Pulse, Shortness of breath, Diarrhea
• How many people are affected by altitude sickness in the mountains of Colorado?
At least 4 out of 10 people will have some noticeable symptoms of altitude sickness when visiting the mountains of Colorado. When coming from sea level all guests will benefit from using oxygen during their stay.
• When should I use oxygen?
Research suggests that the more you use it the better. The easiest, most convenient and most effective way is to use the oxygen while you are sleeping.
• Can I use Oxygen with my CPAP machine?
Yes. We have an attachment that will allow you to connect oxygen to your CPAP. Always consult your doctor to ensure it is the right thing to do.
• When will I be billed for the oxygen?
We will charge your credit card to reserve the oxygen machine. Payment is necessary to confirm your reservation.
• Will my insurance pay for the rental or purchase of this system?
We do not bill insurance companies. That being said, your best recourse is to contact your insurance agent to determine if it will compensate for the oxygen machine. We do provide you with a receipt, which you can be submit. Payment from insurers is between you and the insurer.
• What is your cancellation policy?
We will give a full refund if the cancellation is made 1 full business day prior to delivery i.e. if we are delivering the unit on Wednesday then we must be notified before end of business day on Monday – notification can be via phone, fax or email.
• What are your business hours?
Our regular business hours are Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm MST. We do deliver oxygen machines on the weekend and evenings as guests arrive. Pre-ordered weekend deliveries do not incur additional charge. Last minute deliveries may incur a delivery fee.
• Should I reserve my oxygen machine?
Yes. These devices are in high demand. We recommend that you reserve your unit as soon as the details of your trip are finalized.
• When will you deliver my oxygen machine?
We intend to have the oxygen machine delivered by 5 pm the day of arrival (obviously weather or other events could disrupt these sincere intentions). By special request we will try and deliver earlier in the day and usually it is not a problem. Please note we try very hard to accommodate everybody’s needs.
• How do I know if the oxygen is working?
Subjectively you will feel better – you will have a more enjoyable vacation (if that is even possible when visiting our beautiful mountains. Objectively – oxygen levels can be measured using a pulse oximeter
• What is a pulse oximeter?
This device monitors a patient’s oxygen levels in the blood. Put an oximeter on your finger and it will tell you your oxygen saturation level – i.e. the level of oxygen in your blood as a percentage – 100% means it is completely saturated.
• What does “POC” stand for?
Portable Oxygen Concentrator.
• Can the patient take the POC on a commercial airline flight?
• Do I have to return the stationery oxygen concentrator to your store?
No. Your rental fee includes pick up. Please make arrangements with your lodging representatives to have the oxygen machine available, which may include having it returned to your hotel bell stand or concierge. If in a private residence, calling us upon departure and leaving it outside in a covered area would be appropriate. Portable oxygen units require you send them back to us when taken out of valley via FedEx or UPS only with tracking. Do not use the post office. This is your responsibility.